How Many Layers of Protection Do You Have in Place?
You already know that owning a swimming pool provides a great deal of fun, especially for children. Did you also know that drowning is the number one cause of accidental death for children 1-4 years old? Kids Safe recommends using the form below to evaluate your swimming pool for child safety.
- High locks on all doors and windows that lead to the pool
- Alarms on all the doors and windows that lead to the pool
- Alarm in the pool that detects entry
- Pool safety fence with a self-closing, self-latching gate between the home and pool that isolates the pool
- Perimeter fence around the entire backyard
- Automatic pool safety cover
- Pool net
- No doggy door/sealed doggy door leading to the pool
- Children under 5 wear personal immersion alarms, e.g. Safety Turtle
- All children in the house over 12 months old have completed/are enrolled in swim survival training
- All adults in the house know how to swim
- All adults in the house know CPR
- You use Water Watcher lanyards during pool time
Protect your family today by implementing multiple layers of protection. The more layers of protection in place, the safer your pool will be and the closer you are to a fail-safe system.
To help you evaluate your pool for safety, contact Kids Safe today! Call (203) 925-8622 or fill out the form below to schedule your FREE no risk pool safety evaluation.