There’s nothing like a nice dip in the pool on a hot summer day in Danbury, Connecticut. But as fun as pool time can be, it’s important to be aware of the risks. Every year, an estimated 3,960 people drown in the United States. That’s 11 drowning deaths per day.
That’s 22 nonfatal drownings per day. Most of these accidents happen in backyard pools. So if you’re headed to the pool this summer, be sure to take some safety precautions. Swim safely, never leave children unattended, and keep an eye on the weather forecast.
By following these simple tips, you can help make pool time fun and safe for your small children and pets.
In the state of Connecticut, residential pool owners must install a pool fence around a pool and it must be at least 4 feet high. Additionally, there can’t be more than a 2-inch gap between the base of the fence and the ground.
More and more parents and grandparents who are pool owners understand that pool fences and pool gates save lives. But not every pool fence is designed equally. However, a Life Saver Pool Fence is one of the sturdiest mesh fences available on the market, and it is easy to install and remove.
Why Install A Life Saver Pool Fence?
Life Saver Pool Fence Product Details
A few of its features include the following:
- Life Saver Pool Fence is the only pool fence that has a patented triple reinforced solid core pole. The industry leading strength of this product makes it virtually unbreakable and one you can feel safe with around your small children!
- Poles are professionally powder coated aerospace grade aluminum.
- Life Saver Pool Fence Poles are made out of high-quality aluminum that’s powder coated aerospace grade aluminum for added protection.
- QuadStitch™ 4 stitched reinforced vinyl borders. Does not unravel.
- Textilene Mesh, a polyvinyl coated nylon construction in basket weave that can withstand the Sun.
- Textilene® high mil mesh (12-12 mil) with Marine grade thread woven with a basket weave. It’s so durable that it’s almost indestructible.
- Our mesh material mesh is unclimbable and it is 87 percent transparent.
- A variety of height options ranging from 3.5 ft to 5 ft.
- A huge selection of colors, such as black, brown, white, tan, and hunter green. You can also mix and match colors.
- Self-closing gate options available in Arched or Square styles.
Pool Safety Tips to Help Prevent Accidental Drownings
At Kids Safe, we follow the 7 Layers of Protection when it comes to pool safety. Here are a few good examples of layers of protection highly recommended to Danbury, CT homeowners include:
A child pool safety fence
The best way to keep your child safe when they are in the pool is by installing a fence around it. This will help them avoid danger, like falling into the pool accidentally and drowning.
Self-closing, self-latching pool gates
Life Saver self-closing, and self-latching pool gates are a great way to keep your kids safe around the water. They have an automatic closing feature that ensures a small child, pet, or stray animal won’t try to enter the pool area if someone forgets to close the door behind them.
Pool safety covers
Pool covers are essential for keeping your pool safe during inclement weather. They provide protection from dirt and debris that could get inside the pool when not in use, which means you’ll have less work on hand when it comes cleansing up after heavy rain or snow storms come through town!
A life-saving cover will also keep young children out of harm’s way if they happen to wander too close while playing outside with their friends.
Pool & door alarms
Pool alarms are small devices that can be attached to your doors’ pool fence. They’re designed so you’ll know if someone has opened them without permission whether it’s a child, animal or even an intruder.
In addition, water survival safety training, swimming lessons at an early age, and constant adult supervision is so important in keeping your child safe.
About Danbury, CT
Danbury is a city located in Fairfield County, Connecticut, United States. It is the seventh largest city in the state with a population of 84,790 as of the 2010 census. Danbury is the county seat of Fairfield County. It is surrounded by several municipalities including Bethel, Brookfield, New Fairfield, Newtown, Ridgefield, and Redding.
The city has a total area of 44.19 square miles and is home to Western Connecticut State University. Danbury is also known as “The Hat City” because it was once the center of the American hat industry. Some of the notable people from Danbury include actor Adam Sandler, former President Gerald Ford, and writer Mark Twain.
Here are a few famous landmarks in Danbury, CT.
- Tarrywile Park
- Danbury Railway Museum
- Collis P. Huntington State Park
- Weir Farm National Historical Park
- Hammond Museum & Japanese Stroll Garden
Pool Safety Resources for Danbury, CT Residents
- Pool Safely
- Swimming Pools
- Swimming Safe Kids Worldwide
- Home Swimming Pool Safety Tips All Parents Should Know
- Public Pools and Day Passes to Private Pools in Fairfield County
Schedule Your FREE Pool Fence Estimate Now
Keep children and pets safe near pools. Install a pool fence today! Contact Kids Safe for professional pool fence installations in Danbury, CT. Click here to get your free estimate online or call us at (203) 925-8622.